Georgia Annotated Code Section 21-2-417
Each elector shall present proper identification to a poll worker prior to such person’s admission to the enclosed space at such polling place. Proper identification shall consist of any one of the following;
- A valid Georgia driver’s license which may also be expired.
- A valid identification card issued by a branch, department, agency or entity of the State of Georgia, any other state, or the United States authorized by law to issue personal identification, provided that such identification card contains a photograph of the elector.
- A valid United States passport.
- A valid employee identification card containing a photograph of the elector and issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States government, this state, or any county, municipality, board, authority , or entity of this state
- A valid United States military identification card containing a photograph of the elector.
- A valid tribal identification card containing a photograph of the elector.
Any elector who registers for the first time in Georgia by mail, and does not provide identification at the time of registering, may provide one of the six items of photo identification listed above. The elector may also present one of the following forms of identification when voting the first time;
- Copy of a current utility bill
- Copy of a bank statement
- Copy of a government check/paycheck
- Copy of government document that shows the name and address of elector
If a registered voter does not have an acceptable form of photo identification, the State of Georgia offers a free voter identification card. An identification card may be issued by the Department of Driver services offices free of charge.
Voter must provide the following;
- A document that may include a photo that provides full legal name and date of birth.
- Documentation showing the applicants date of birth.
- Evidence that the applicant is a registered voter.
- Documentation showing the applicant’s name and residential address.
For more information, visit the Georgia Secretary of State’s website at https://www.sos.ga.gov/page/georgia-voter-identification-requirements.