Visitation is a privilege. Visiting privileges may be suspended or revoked as a disciplinary measure or when the safety and security of the facility deems it necessary. Visitation will be open 24/7 however visits will be limited to fifteen (15) minutes in length. Inmates are limited to three visitors per week, provided they are approved in the system. All visits are recorded and subject to monitoring by staff. Any inappropriate behavior by either the inmate or visitor may be grounds for the visit to be terminated.
Video visitation is initiated by the inmate to those whom have created an account at HomeWAV.com or have downloaded the mobile app and are currently logged onto the system. HomeWAV charges a fee for such remote visitation. Visitors who would like to have a video visit without paying a fee may do so by coming to the jail and using a visitation kiosk in the jail lobby. Such on-site visits must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance via HomeWAV.com or the HomeWAV app. (Note: the inmate must accept the requested time in order for the visit to be scheduled. It is the inmate’s responsibility to ensure that such visit will occur during the inmate’s normally scheduled time out of cell.) On-site visits will only be conducted from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. daily.
On-Site Visitation rules for the Dougherty County Jail Facility are as follows:
• No weapons of any type will be allowed on the premises.
• No food and/or drinks allowed in the lobby waiting area.
• No alcohol beverages or illegal drugs will be allowed on the premises.
• Visitors who appear to be under the influence or smell of drugs and/or alcohol will be excluded from visiting.
• Visitors are subject to be searched at any time.
• Visitors must be sixteen (16) years of age or older.
• Visitors will not leave anyone under the age of sixteen (16) unattended in the lobby or parking lot. Children who are left unattended or are unruly will cause the visitation to be terminated and possibly other sanctions depending on severity of the incident.
• Disruptive, argumentative or unruly behavior by any visitor at any time will be grounds for termination of that visit and possibly restricted from visiting indefinitely.
• No packages, cash, checks or money orders will be accepted.
• Visitation may be canceled without notice by the facility.
• Visitors must be properly dressed:
• Visitors are not permitted to wear hats/ball caps, scarves or other head coverings inside the premises (medical or religious exceptions will be considered).
• No distasteful or extremely tight fitting clothing are allowed Shorts, capris, skirts, and dresses are allowed but the hem must not fall above mid-thigh. No low cut shirts, bra must be worn (cleavage must be completely covered), tank tops or sleeveless shirts (shoulders must be covered), midriffs (midsection must be covered), and/or see-through clothing will not be allowed. Pants must be at waist level (no sagging pants or exposure of undergarments). No clothing with rips, holes or tears will be allowed. Clothing displaying alcohol, drugs, gang signs, vulgarity or offensive writing/pictures will not be allowed. No pajama/lounge pants and/or bedroom slippers will be allowed.
Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in immediate termination of the visit and/or the temporary or permanent barring of the visitor from further visitation.